Your best weekly round up of weird/fun/cool things to do in T.O…
Holy shit Toronto! We really did it! Our collective sorrow and sadness and general malaise was pissing off the balance of the universe enough that we MADE the Argos win and Rob Ford get fired! We deserve many opportunities to celebrate! Here they are:
Holy sweet mother of mo, how many of you are feeling as conflicted as I am about the end of Movember? Moustaches are both the greatest and worst thing of all time. Some guys can pull them off in a hilarious, I-can’t-take-you-seriously-but-you-still-are-sort-of-cute (or manly) kind of way, while some of them look like small boys playing dress up, but regardless… there’s SO MANY of them! Everywhere! Financial firms! Cafes! Bars! Kitchens! Walking down the street! So many ladies, especially those in relationships, are just counting down the days, hours, minutes, until their previously clean-shaven, or fully-bearded beaus will take those things off their face, and count up the money they raised.
I hope, for the love of all the tickled lips and frightened children, that the point of all this facial hair was actually taken – the cause – some bros got their prostates poked and maybe even made an appointment for a session with a therapist. SO, when all this is over, let’s keep the stigma down and the conversation going, hmmm? Until then, keep the money flowing towards those who are bravely making themselves look slightly (very) ridiculous, in the name of men’s health.
Tonight there’s Mo’s Stache Bash – Yasgur’s Farm & Gillian Nicola – At Stone’s Place. It’s $20 at the door, which includes a complimentary drink, “swag bag” and an evening jam-packed with great music and friends for a wonderful cause.
Also on Thursday…
- Dufferin Grove Farmer’s Market – Just a reminder, it’s year round! 3-7pm
- Neck of the Woods – A Group Art Show – “celebrates the spirit of Toronto neighbourhoods and its diverse communities. Twenty two local artists will showcase a body of work that expresses their personal connection with a specific Toronto neighbourhood”
- Chroma – #Hashtag Gallery – Opening Reception – 7-1130pm – Focusing on Colour and affordable art ownership
- Analogue Gallery’s 3rd Birthday Bash – 6-10pm – Photography by Berry Wentzell and many live music acts
- Dirty Dance with Dragons – Burlesque with a Game of Thrones theme – At Club 120 – 9pm – $15
- ::::The Amazing Sci-Fi Show:::: – An Exhibition of Intergalactic Art – 99 Sudbury – At the Super Wonder Gallery – 8pm-2am
- Movember and Sons Official Gala and Parte – Kool Haus – $20
- 12 Beers of Christmas – Gladstone – Every Christmas cliche possible – attire: ugly Christmas sweater party (plus the remnants of Movember… I’m not sure if any of us know whether to laugh, cry, or dance with glee)
- Lowe’s Christmas Market in the Distillery – goes into the night… and until Dec 16th… it’s pretty there
- Maker’s Cartel – Pop Up Market at Creatures: Creating Gallery 11-6pm (also on Sunday)
- Milk Glass Co. – Holiday Pop Up Sale – 1-9pm
- Launch Party for Canadian Artists for Civil Liberties – Ohbijou, Minotaurs & Maloo at Lee’s Palace
- Cavalcade of Lights – Tree Lighting Ceremony – St. Lawrence Market BIA – 530-730pm
- Spinographs – Vol 1 – Oz Studios – 5pm-2am – We’ll all look like THIS by the end of the night.
- Tannenbaum 10k – Beaches – Nothing like some cheering on of people that are fitter than you to start your Sunday. Earn your brunch in Leslieville!
- Swell Sunday – Christmas in the Age of Radio – Live re-creation of 1930’s radio show – 12-430pm (two performances)
- Here’s My Card – Mixer for Awesome People – Q space
who’s off pursuing other awesome things.